bots 'r us
Is the Blogdex
bot going absolutely psycho on your page, too?
7/30/2002 07:54:51 AM
fans of Seinfeld, take note
I always find the bestest things snooping around other folks'
wish lists. Like this clever "Top of Muffin Pan."
7/29/2002 10:49:26 PM
Last month, I set up a slide show
of the new library construction site, so that my library-type friends might see it. I forgot to post it here, for you...
7/29/2002 10:29:32 AM
back to school, twice over
The first day of the first trimester starts on Thursday, August 8th. Less than two weeks away. Yay, me.
On August 5th, I'll also be starting "school" myself - at Barnes & Noble University
. One four-week class, entitled "Writing for Children."
* I've always wanted to try out an online course, where I can ask questions without being the focus of forty or so eyeballs [shudder]
* This particular course is free
* I've got no time or money for a "real" class, but this topic has always interested me. I should be motivated to just pick up the books and read them on my own, but... well. A bit of a sucker for fiction, I always have lots of it on my plate, and often need to use a mental cattle prod to shift my focus to my own damned edification
* Taught by a successful author of children's works
* Just a clever B&N marketing ploy, perhaps??? Oh, well. I'm playing the traitor and purchasing my "texts" from Amazon, where they're cheaper. Unless I don't get my new check card in the mail, like, tomorrow. Then I'll be hoofing it right over to the B&N across the road.
I'll report back on the value of this little venture.
7/28/2002 09:35:04 PM
, starring Christina Ricci...
7/28/2002 06:54:55 PM
up-close and personal
I'd really like to try the Dolphin Discovery
at Marine World.
Prohibitive: that $150 price tag, and those skin-tight wet suits. Gack.
7/28/2002 04:13:53 PM
...I've watched every episode of American Idol
so far, except one. This when I promised I would never be That Girl. The girl who religiously watches realiteevee. And then gossips about it.
I've even voted a couple of times. Eeesh.
If you watch, too - is it just me, or has Paula become kind of a biotch recently? It's actually making me feel a bit sorry for Simon. Are they prodding her to do it for ratings? And what a relief that Backstreet Boy wannabe A.J. is gone now. I thought that Ryan may have gotten the axe last night based on that one shoddy performance.
7/25/2002 10:57:00 AM